- EHV transmission has which of the following advantages ?
EHV means extra high voltage transmission.
- Absence of skin effect, lower line cost, less corona effect are the features of which of the transmission system ?
HVDC system is high voltage DC transmission.
- Which equipment do not supply reactive power in HVDC converter stations?
Static shunt capacitors serve the purpose instead of series capacitors.
- Inside the station of the broad gauge line what is the clearance between track and lowest conductor for operating voltages from 650 V – 33 kV ?
8.6 m is the clearance between track and lowest conductor for operating voltages from 650 V – 33 kV inside the station of the meter gauge line.
- The loads on 3 -Φ, 4 - wire distributors are usually
- Backup protection, frame leakage protection and differential over current protection are the protection schemes for which element?
- GIS substation is referred as
- There are how many types of tariffs?
- The daily load of an industrial consumer is as follows: 100 kW for 9 hours, 125 kW for 6 hours, 50 kW for 7 hours and 5 kW for 2 hours. Determine energy consumption per year?
Daily energy consumption = 100 × 9 + 125 × 6 + 50 × 70 + 5 × 2 = 2010 kWh Annual consumption = 2010 × 365 = 733650 kWh.
- There are how many types of power consumers?
Types- domestic, commercial, agriculture, industrial, bulk, street lighting and water supply.
- The area under load curve represents
- The knowledge of diversity factor helps in computing